- Stephanie Wharton
By Stephanie Wharton
If you’re looking for a good Thanksgiving turkey leftover recipe, this is it. It’s so simple to make and serves up a flavor profile that makes it a star on its own. Don’t have leftover turkey? Use a rotisserie chicken and make it a weeknight meal. If you’re looking for some delicious toppings, try avocado, sour cream, fresh cilantro or green onions. Need it dairy-free? Use coconut milk. No arrowroot powder? Cornstarch will work just fine.
● 2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
● 1 Sweet Onion (medium, chopped)
● 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
● 4 cups Chicken Broth
● 2 tsps Cumin (ground)
● 3 Green Chili Pepper (seeds removed, optional)
● 1 lb Turkey Breast, Cooked(roughly chopped)
● 4 cups White Navy Beans (cooked)
● 3/4 cup Cream, Half & Half
● 2 Tbsps Arrowroot Powder
● Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste) Instructions:
1. Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and garlic until soft, about five minutes.
2. Stir in the broth, cumin, green chilies (optional), turkey, and white beans. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, stir together the arrowroot with a bit of the cream until dissolved. Stir the arrowroot slurry into the pot along with the remaining cream, salt, and pepper. Divide into bowls and enjoy!