Parmesan Spinach Mushroom Pasta
By: Stephanie Wharton
• 14 oz shell pasta
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 14 oz mushrooms, sliced
• 10 oz fresh spinach
• ½ cup white wine or vegetable broth
• Black pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer. Then deglaze with the white wine or veg broth. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes longer. Remove mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add the mushrooms and pasta to the spinach and toss to combine. Add parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir. Serve the parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!