Nectarine & Pesto Zoodles
By Stephanie Wharton
“Zoodles”, or zucchini noodles, are made using a spiralizer, which are readily available online and in most retail stores. Consider picking one up prior to making this recipe if you’re looking for delicious noodle alternatives. Sweet potatoes and carrots also make great noodle choices. Feel free to add chicken to this bowl in addition to, or instead of, chickpeas.
● 1 garlic clove
● ½ cup walnuts
● 1 cup baby spinach
● 1 cup basil leaves(plus extra for garnish)
● 1 lemon
● ½ tsp black pepper
● ¼ tsp sea salt
● ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
● 3 zucchini
● 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
● 2 nectarines
● 2 cups chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
1. In a food processor, combine garlic, walnuts, spinach, basil, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and olive oil. Blend until a creamy pesto forms. Transfer to a jar and set aside.
2. Spiralize zucchini into noodles.
3. Mix together zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, nectarines and chickpeas. Chop the remaining basil leaves and toss well to mix.
4. Toss with desired amount of pesto and transfer to bowls. Enjoy!