Farm Fresh Scramble
By Stephanie Wharton
If you like a good, hearty weekend meal, this ingredient combo may become one of your favorites. This recipe serves two people, but can easily be adjusted if you have more to serve. Farm fresh eggs are the best, but any cage-free eggs will work. Feel free to add baby kale, swiss chard or arugula to the mix or add a unique final twist with fresh dill
and parsley added to the basil. It’s the perfect palette to try a variety of foods and flavors.
● 1 ½ tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
● 5 eggs, whisked
● 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
● 2 cups baby spinach
● ¼ tsp sea salt
● ½ tsp black pepper
● ¼ goat cheese, crumbled
● ½ cup basil leaves, chopped
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cherry tomatoes, spinach, sea salt and black pepper. Mix well. Transfer to the skillet and stir continuously while cooking to scramble. Once eggs are cooked through, remove from the heat and divide into bowls. Top with goat cheese and basil leaves. Enjoy it while it’s hot!