What is the Lending Hearts Junior Council?
The mission of Lending Hearts Junior Council is to connect high school students from Pittsburgh-Area school with Lending Hearts through volunteering, awareness and outreach opportunities.
Why should you join the Junior Council?
The Junior Council gives students the opportunity to learn and build leadership skills by committing volunteer hours to advocating for children and young adults living with cancer as part of a dynamic Pittsburgh based organization. Members can also make an impact by building the Junior Council process and strategies!
Michele Eichler, Program Coordinator email@example.com
Who are we looking for?
High school sophomores – seniors who exhibit leadership & commitment.
To apply we need:
- 3 Letters of recommendation
(2 from school & 1 outside of school
not including a family member)
- letter of interest
- previous volunteer experience.
What are the goals & responsibilities of Jr. Council?
- Attend (in person or virtually) monthly meetings (min. of 4)
- Serve in the support and promotion of Lending Hearts via social media and events, including the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community and Kites Take Flight for Childhood Cancer.
- Increase awareness of the Junior Council within his/her school and endeavor to recruit one (1) new member per year
- Be an ambassador for Lending Hearts and will strive to positively represent the organization in the best possible ways