Tue, Aug 08|
St. Vincent College, Latrobe
Lending Hearts at Pittsburgh Steelers Training Camp
Lending Hearts has been presented the awesome opportunity for a limited number of families to attend this year's training camp. Please see notes below... Upon arrival, please proceed to the “Guest Check-In” area at the Rogers Center, which opens at 1:00 p.m. Please see further instruction below...
Time & Location
Aug 08, 2023, 1:00 PM
St. Vincent College, Latrobe, 300 Fraser Purchase Rd, Latrobe, PA 15650, USA
About the Event
Due to the high demand for this experience and limited space we have been offered, we are limiting this experience to one adult + one child per family.
PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2023 TRAINING CAMP
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY RELATIONS GUESTS
What to Expect Please note that this is a rough timeline of your visit and could alter depending on any practice schedule changes.
- Upon arrival to the Fred Rogers Center, please contact a member of the Steelers Community Relations Team.
- A member of the Steelers Community Relations Team will meet your group at the Rogers Center.
- We will go over the rules for being on the field and escort the group over to the field entrance.
- Your group will be led to the tent to get settled in. This is reserved for your group during the entire duration of your visit to training camp
- Once the players take the field, the Community Relations Team will escort your group onto the field.
- Practice will begin.
- Security will start to clear the sidelines.
- Please follow the directions of the Community Relations Team who will guide you to the designated area for the meet and greet experience.
End of Practice
- The Community Relations Team will bring over 2-3 players to sign autographs and take photos with your group.
- After the players sign and take photos, the Community Relations Team will escort your group off the field.
- If your group would like to try to get additional autographs, the Community Relations Team will direct you to the designated areas off the field with all other fans for the chance to get additional autographs.
- The weather at training camp can be very hot and there is little to no shade on the field.
- For safety, please ensure your group wears sneakers or closed toed shoes.
- Please follow the signs for VIP parking when arriving at Saint Vincent College. This will take you to the parking lot directly in front of the Rogers Center for check in.
- Saint Vincent will open to the public around 12:00pm, check in is at 1:30pm. If you arrive early, please feel free to explore the fan experience at the top of the hill until check in.
- At check in, your main point of contact will receive your field passes (wristbands) for your entire group at the Rogers Center on campus. Guests must wear wristbands at all times while on the practice field. Lost wristbands will not be replaced.
- Guests must remain standing along the sidelines. We will provide a tent off to the side of the field if anyone needs to take a break from standing or from the sun.
- Food trucks will be onsite for guests to purchase food. Please note that the lines and wait times can be very long.
- Please note that the autograph and photo experience is not guaranteed due to various factors such as weather or team decision.
- In the event of bad weather, the team may be forced indoors. Indoor practices are closed to all guests due to severe space limitations. Also, practice schedules can change. If this does happen, we will do our best to reschedule your visit to training camp.
- Please assist in enforcing the rules provided by the Community Relations Team.
o Guests must wear wristbands at all times while on the practice field.
o All guests must remain in the area(s) designated for them.
o Children must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times.
o Only water bottles will be permitted on the field. Other food and drink items and containers are not allowed on the field (but can be enjoyed at the tent).
o Smoking and all tobacco products are prohibited on the field.
o Do not tamper or play with the team’s equipment that may be on the sideline.
o Do not call out to players when they are on the field. Players are hard at work and must concentrate during practice.
o Filming videos of and during practice is prohibited. You may take still photos, but do not approach players and ask them to pose for pictures while they are practicing.
o You must remain standing while on the sideline watching practice. Sitting and kneeling on the field can pose a danger to you and the players.
o We will have a tent off to the side of the field for your group.
o After the member of the Community Relations staff brings over 2-3 players for autographs and photos after practice, DO NOT run up to or call out to additional players who may be in the vicinity.
Our goal is to make this a safe and fun opportunity for your group. Your support as a chaperone will contribute to making this a special experience for them.