This colorful vegetarian dish melds together the most vibrant flavors into one hearty bowl. I love how versatile this dish can be, too. The rice can be replaced with quinoa, brown rice, wild rice or even orzo pasta. Grilled chicken can be added for extra protein and the cherry tomatoes swapped for nearly any favorite roasted vegetable. If you’re short on time, you can make the rice and sauce ahead of time and keep it in your refrigerator for up to four days.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (dry, uncooked)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp avocado oil + more for drizzling
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro (leaves removed from stem – for topping)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line two baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
- Cook the Jasmine Rice according to the directions on the package. Once finished, season with half the lemon juice, a drizzle of avocado oil, and ½ tsp of sea salt. Mix and set aside.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the cauliflower and tomatoes for roasting. Add the cauliflower to a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with avocado oil and toss with the paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, and some salt and pepper. Place on the baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
- On the second baking sheet, place the tomatoes in one layer, drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven on a second rack and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the sauce. In a blender, add the tahini, juice from ½ the lemon, two garlic cloves, and at least two tbsp avocado oil andblend on high until you have a nice pourable consistency. Add more avocado oil as needed or if you prefer, water can be used as well.
- Serve in a large family sized pasta bowl or individual bowls. Layer the
rice on the bottom, the roasted cauliflower, then the roasted tomatoes. Add sliced avocado then drizzle the tahini sauce liberally. Add the fresh cilantro to the top and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!